Wednesday, March 21, 2012

From Stateside

I realized I should have posted a final blog, as I have already been back home for a little over a week now. The first few days back were quite a change. The first time I went to drive my car I almost hit the car next to me because it was so easy to turn. I spent over 2 hours in the grocery store...it was so strange to have everything so available to me; I had no idea what to buy. In church, I almost turned to Beth, all excited, to comment that the service is in English!

I think the greatest difficulty we have had so far is relating our trip experience. People will ask, "how was it?" What do I say? "Great...but terrible. Awesome...but really sad. I LOVED it...but I wanted to cry all the time the first week I was there." Long story short, we appreciate your prayers and you following us along the way. I hope that our stories have served to inspire or touch you in some way. Finally, I won't keep posting, but please do continue to pray for the missionaries and hospital. It didn't really occur to me until the last week, but the clinic sees 500-600 patients every monday, wednesday and friday. So every clinic day that the chaplain's office gives their morning devotion, they have a huge opportunity to reach a lot of people.

Here are a few of the trip highlights in photo form. Love you all, and thank you for your support.
 Thes are the chiefs of a village where we did a dental clinic with the Clarksville team.
 This little miracle was Dr. James Dunn's first c-section, done in Ghana under local anesthesia
 Little child with significant burn injury that spent time on peds ward. He is now doing well.
 The children from the orphange, mentioned in a previous blog posting.

 The Corams, new to Nalerigu and committed to stay for the next year (Noah not pictured)
The Dickens, another one of the amazing missionary families in Nalerigu (Colt not pictured)

The Hewitts and Gibbs are the remaining families that would appreciate your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment